Tara is committed to accessible, affordable services for those seeking help in her community (and beyond via telephone and online counselling).
- Hourly sessions (50-minutes with a debriefing) are $70-$100. Limited spaces are available for sliding scale clients provided they are motivated to dedicate time and effort to their recovery (particularly from eating and substance abuse issues).
- Some Extended Health Care packages cover the cost of services provided by Registered Clinical Counsellors such as Tara. Please check with your service provider.
- Therapy: Therapists working with clients affected by eating disorders know that they must be able to provide a range and often a combination of treatments to best serve the individual. To that end, Tara offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Emotionally Focused Therapy; Relationship Therapy; Narrative Family Therapy; Play Therapy; Mindfulness Practices; Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy; Trauma-Informed Therapy; Parent Consultations.
- "In the Field": Tara is also available for in-home visits for a variety of services such as practicing meal preparation and mindful eating. Tara will accompany clients to the grocery store to assist in the process of choosing foods and help clients through anxiety they may experience.
- Collaboration: Tara receives ongoing professional mentoring from a very experienced psychologist who ran an in-patient and out-patient eating disorder program for more than 20 years. She is happy to work closely with her client's medical doctors and registered dietitians in order to provide coordinated, first-rate care.
- Workshops: Couples issues; parenting; disordered eating; communication; self-care.
HOPE COUNSELLING & CONSULTING
Eating Disorder Counsellor in Courtenay, BC